The PBCMTA’s third and last general meeting of the 2018-2019 school year will be held at 10:00 a.m., Friday, March 8th at Jupiter Academy of Music located at500 Commerce Way W # 9, Jupiter, FL 33458. Please join us to learn about our upcoming events and hear a wonderful presentation by Cindy Kessler on Music Business!
Related upcoming events
03/09/2019 All day
District VI Concerto Competition is held each spring for students of piano, voice, and other instruments. Winners receive monetary awards. Junior, Intermediate, and Senior winners are also eligible to compete at the state level.
Please visit FSMTA website for more details and application forms.
District 6 Concerto Competition Chair: Robin Arrigo, email@example.com
03/09/2019 All day
District VI Student Day, held each spring, is a non-competitive achievement evaluation in the areas of aural/written theory and performance for members' students of piano, voice, and other instruments. Auditions are private and individual. The free FSMTA Student Day Handbook is now available online (password required). The Handbook includes all requirements for levels Primary through Twelve plus sample tests, suggested repertoire, and examination sheets.
- 2019 Student Day Application & Schedule
- 2019 Student Day Teacher Instructions
- Student Day Handbook (member only/password required)
Student Day Theory Chair: Rhonda Danielson - 561-602-2709 / firstname.lastname@example.org
Student Day Performance Chair: Mary Rose Ozga - 561-391-9132
04/13/2019 All day
PBCMTA Scholarship money is available each year to Piano, Voice, Classical Guitar, Wind, and String students. All winners are expected to perform in the annual Honors Recital on May 6th, 2018.
- Elementary (grades 4-6)
- Intermediate (grades 7-9)
- Senior (grades 10-2)
- To be eligible to complete, the student must be studying with their private teacher, a PBCMTA member, for a minimum of 6 months.
- Any PBCMTA member may enter up to 3 students.
- Application fee is $25 made payable to Palm Beach County Music Teachers Association, Inc.
- Scholarship application must be post marked by March 24 (3 weeks prior to the event date).
- No late application or last minute changes will be accepted.
- 2018 Scholarship Guidelines and applications & Scholarship Rating Sheet
*Please refer to PBCMTA yearbook for repertoire requirements and competition rules. If you have any questions about the scholarship competition, you may contact the Scholarship Competition Chair:
Janet Ownes, 561-791-9598, email@example.com
05/05/2019 16:00 - 05/05/2019 18:00
Scholarship competition winners, students who have completed Level XII Student Day requirements, and selected students from Judged Musicales perform at our annual Honors Recital. Installation of new officers also takes place at the recital. The recital is free of charge and open to public. Come hear exciting performances by some of the finest young musicians in the county!