Judged Musicale is a recital for students to receive evaluation on their performances. Please read the following guidelines carefully. If you have any questions about this event, you may contact the Judged Musicale Chair.
November Judged Musicale Guidelines
Judged Musicale Chair:
7410 Brunswick Circle, Boynton Beach, FL 33472
561-706-1576 / firstname.lastname@example.org
Application Form & Deadline:
- Print and fill out the Judged Musicale application form for each entry. Mail the filled out form(s) with the application fee to the chairperson of the event.
- The application must be received by Saturday, the November 3 (Application form may be scanned and emailed, but the fee must be mailed by the deadline.)
- The application fee is $10.00 per entry.
- The application fee is non-refundable.
- If a student is unable to participate in this Musicale, the fee may be credited to the next Musicale.
- A limit of 15-20 applications will be accepted for this musicale (Teachers with applications received after the quota has been filled will be notified immediately).
- A teacher may present 2-3 entries.
Age and Level:
- Students ages 11 and under
- Elementary to intermediate repertoire
- Soloists must play from memory.
- Teachers may perform with their students.
- Pieces performed can be classical or jazz and must be composed specifically for the instrument used. Vocalists may submit songs from the popular repertoire or from musical theater.
- Simplified arrangements of any type of music are not accepted.
- Students must provide one copy of the music for the judges, measures numbered. Photocopies will not be accepted.
- Students will wear recital attire (dresses or pantsuits, dress slacks & dress shirts, no sneakers).
- The judges may choose four outstanding students for the annual Honors Recital, but no more than two students of any one instrument, voice, or ensemble.
- Decisions by judges, based on musicianship, will be final.
- Comments from the judges will be mailed to the teachers.
*You will receive a confirmation via email once your application is received.